Monthly Roundup of All Things Testing and QA: April 2019
April was an exciting month in the world of software testing. We hosted meetups in Berlin filled with learning and discussion, and are looking forward to traveling across more of Europe in May! We’ve also gathered our top live content, as well as other industry articles and events that caught our attention this month.
QA & Testing Industry Articles:
- Codeless automation: The next wave of testing technology posted on ITProPortal. Perfecto Mobile evangelist Eran Kinsbrunner discusses the best ways to incorporate codeless test automation into your software development lifecycle.
- Leapwork raises $10M posted on TechCrunch. Leapwork announced a Series A investment of $10 million this month, with plans to expand to the United States.
- Why Manufacturing Companies Should Be Using DevOps posted on Thomas. Wendy Dessler highlights how a DevOps culture can address the specific needs of the manufacturing industry.
- Using RPA for software testing posted on ITProPortal. Wayne Ariola of Tricentis debunks the recent myth that RPA is a viable solution for software test automation.
- Moving up the testing leadership ladder posted on TechBeacon. Jason Arbon of Test.ai gives his top three lessons for getting promoted to leadership positions in testing.
The Latest from the TestCraft Blog:
- How test automation tools can help: travel & hospitality. This blog post delves into the different ways that the travel and hospitality industries can leverage test automation to address the challenges of digital transformation.
- What was your best testing advice? Amanda Green, TestCraft’s test automation expert, asked our community about the best testing advice they have given or received throughout their careers. This blog post highlights some of our favorite responses.
- UPDATED eBook: Are you considering Selenium test automation? Make sure you have all the information you need before incorporating automation into your manual testing operation.
This Past Month’s Events:
- TestCraft Week in Berlin, Germany. From March 28-April 2, TestCraft’s resident test automation expert Nimrod Arbel hosted two meetups in Berlin: “Connecting QA Professionals to DevOps Era” and “Machine Learning in the New Age of QA Automation Tools”. He also ran a hands-on workshop entitled, “Monitor Your Application in Under Ten Minutes.”
- STPCON Spring 2019. From April 1-4, test professionals convened in San Francisco to hear from leaders in software testing, as well as attend a variety of sessions and workshops.
- STAREast. One of the longest-running conferences on software testing and quality assurance, the STAREast conference happened in Orlando during the last week of April.
- TestCraft Meetup: “How Machine Learning is Used in the New Age of QA Automation Tools”. Save your spot here or sign up for future meetups happening in your city!
- Amsterdam Meetup – Monday, May 13
- Paris Meetup – Tuesday, May 14
- QUEST 2019: Quality Engineered Software and Testing Conference & Expo. Happening May 13-17 in Chicago, this conference is a leading source for new technologies and proven methods for Quality Engineered Software and testing.
- TestCraft Webinar: Participating in Code Reviews as a Tester. We are excited to welcome our newest guest speaker, Chris Kenst, to our webinar series. On May 21st, he will give a hands-on demonstration of how testers can participate in code reviews without any prior coding knowledge. Make sure to sign up and save your spot.
- TestBash Netherlands 2019. Now in its third year, TestBash offers a variety of hands-on software testing workshops on May 23-24 in Utrecht.
- Nordic Testing Days. Happening May 29-31 in Tallinn, Estonia, this testing conference offers an assortment of tutorials, talks, and workshops.