17 no-code tools for each stage of application development [Infographic]
17 no-code tools for each stage of application development
It seems that coding skills are becoming less and less of a barrier to building and launching a successful application.
No-code tools have offered everyone from small businesses to enterprises the opportunity to achieve digital transformation both simply and sustainably. In the words of Forbes contributor John Everhard, no-code, as well as often-associated low-code, solutions help “build powerful applications that can scale for any organization—without writing any code.”
Everhard further discussed in his article the powerful impact that no-code tools, also known as codeless tools, can have. With these types of software, IT teams no longer need to spend 60% of their time keeping their current systems working. Instead, no-code solutions help companies maintain a competitive edge over their peers with up to a 75% improvement on time to market.
Industry analysts have taken note of the “no-code movement” as well, with Gartner predicting that low-code application platforms (LCAP) will account for 65% of application development activity by 2024. Enterprises seem to be taking note as well, whether by acquiring codeless tools or by releasing no-code capabilities of their own.
With that in mind, here is a list of different tools to keep on your radar in the no-code space. These tools cover every stage of application development, although there are other solutions that are not covered here, such as industry-specific solutions and payment applications.
No-code web & mobile application development tools
- Bubble: A visual programming language that helps anyone build a web application without coding knowledge.
- Glide: A free no-code tool that allows users to build a mobile application in five minutes from Google Sheets.
- Voiceflow: A codeless way to develop voice apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Webflow: An online visual editor platform that allows users to design, build, and launch responsive websites.
- Carrd: A free platform for building simple, fully responsive one-page web sites without code.
Codeless testing tools
- TestCraft: A codeless Selenium test automation platform for continuous and regression testing of web applications.
- AccelQ API: A no-code API test automation tool that allows companies to test REST APIs.
- pCloudy: A mobile test automation platform that helps users build and execute mobile tests without code.
No-code content and data management tools
- Airtable: A spreadsheet-database hybrid that helps teams manage content, projects, and other initiatives.
- Notion: A no-code tool for managing documents, notes, tasks, spreadsheets, and databases.
Visual task automation tools
- Zapier: A codeless tool for connecting your applications and automating your workflows.
- Retool: A platform for building internal tools without code.
- ActionDesk: A spreadsheet software that lets you import data from SQL, Stripe, Salesforce, HubSpot, and others to automate a variety of tasks.
- Standard Library: A no-code library that helps users build automated workflows and APIs.
Codeless communication tools
- Typeform: A tool for designing surveys and other responsive forms without code.
- Mailchimp: A no-code email marketing service that gives users the ability to create professional, designed emails visually.
- Anchor: A codeless platform for creating, hosting, and distributing podcast episodes.